Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kate 267 posts 610 karma points
    Feb 28, 2016 @ 12:28
    Kate

link Picker output

Hi

On my frontpage I am using this Link Picker https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/link-picker/ and it works fin. My problem is that on my frontpage the user can insert a external link and I would like to use that link on at subpage. But I cant seem to get the right output. In my PartialViewMacroPage I have tried this:

@{
                var brandLink1 = Model.Content.AncestorOrSelf(1).GetPropertyValue("brandLink1");
        }
    <p>@brandLink1</p>

But the output is this:

{ "id": 0, "name": "", "url": "http://centurion.dk/", "target": "_self" }

and I would like it to be just: http://centurion.dk/

It's probably the GetPropertyValue that is wrong, but I dont know what to put insted :-)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 28, 2016 @ 16:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kate

At a first glance I'm wodnering if you have you tried to simply just write @brandLink1.url - Does that work?

/Jan

Feb 28, 2016 @ 16:40
    Kate

That gives me an error. It's becaurse I'm getting the link-input from my frontpage and not from the pages that I'm currently at. Does that make any sense?

Feb 28, 2016 @ 17:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kate

Just had a go with the package myself. I think some propertyvalueconverters are missing in order to make it possible for your to use it strongly typed.

Dynamically it works by writing @CurrentPage.links.url - Which in your case should be @CurrentPage.brandLink1.url

/Jan

Feb 28, 2016 @ 17:43
    Kate

The problem is that I cant use CurrentPage, because the link-information comes from another template(frontpage) and I want to use the link that the user insertet on a subpage.

That's why I thought, that if I used this code I would get the information from my frontpage

@{
    var brandLink1 = Model.Content.AncestorOrSelf(1).GetPropertyValue("brandLink1");
            }

Feb 28, 2016 @ 18:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kate

Ah yes, sorry about that - But you can actually use CurrentPage to fetch it from a subpage as well.

You just need to write it like this @CurrentPage.AncestorOrSelf(1).brandLink1.url

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 28, 2016 @ 18:04
    Søren Kottal

Try

@{
    var brandLink1 = Model.Content.AncestorOrSelf(1).GetPropertyValue<dynamic>("brandLink1");
    }

@brandLink1.url

Feb 28, 2016 @ 18:18
    Kate

Jan: Sorry, it still doesen't work

Søren: it works :-). Thanks. I'm really grateful

Do you know where I can read more about this

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 28, 2016 @ 18:25
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: