Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AndrewM 13 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 01, 2016 @ 19:41
    AndrewM

Preview Mode displays on the live website

I am having a little bit of trouble understanding if this is an issue or not and will try to explain the issue as best as possible.

Say I have both Umbraco and a another tab open in the same browser, the other tab is the live site.

So in Umbraco I navigate to the content tree and click the Home page, then click the Preview button for the Home page. After this I receive my expected result and see the preview of my Home page. I now click on the on the other tab that I have open in the same browser Umbraco is opened in, I click the Home page link on the live site, after clicking Home page on the live site I see that I am now in Preview Mode....Should this be happening?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 01, 2016 @ 20:16
    Dennis Aaen

Hi AndrewM,

Yes the reason why this happing, for you is because the preview mode is saved into a cookie that lives for some time. So the way that you can get out of preview mode is to click on the x in the left menu bar.

enter image description here

Another way is to click the orange banner in the right corner of the site, or delete your cookies in your web browser.

enter image description here

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• AndrewM 13 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 01, 2016 @ 21:20
    AndrewM

Yes it does thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft