Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Almström 33 posts 159 karma points
    Mar 07, 2016 @ 12:18
    Martin Almström

7.4.1 Surface Controller return CurrentUmbracoPage

I have a project that uses UmbracoCMS 7.4.1 with Autofac and RouteHijacking. Installed UmbracoForms last week and everything seemed fine.

But when I try to Post a form I get an error saying the /Views/UmbracoForms/Index.cshtml cannot be found. I did a test with a custom surfacecontroller

[HttpPost]
    public ActionResult Post() {
        return CurrentUmbracoPage();
    }

and I still get the same error like this:

System.InvalidOperationException: The view 'Index' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
    ~/Views/TestSurface/Index.cshtml
    ~/Views/TestSurface/Index.vbhtml
    ~/Views/Shared/Index.cshtml
    ~/Views/Shared/Index.vbhtml
       at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResult.FindView(ControllerContext context)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
       at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoPageResult.ExecuteControllerAction(ControllerContext context, IController controller)
       at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoPageResult.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I do not use any custom routes. I downloaded the UmbracoCMS source and tried debugging, and what I could see was that the controllerFactory resolves the correct controller (in UmbracoPageResult.cs) but when ExecuteControllerAction is called the ControllerContext RequestContext passed to the controller.Execute() isn't correct. The RouteData still points to UmbracoForms.

I have tried to reinstall UmbracoCMS 7.4.1 but with no success. Is there anything specifically that needs to be registered in Autofac so that return CurrentUmbracoPage() will start working again?

What I can remember it worked in 7.3.x.

Regards Martin

Mar 07, 2016 @ 12:40
    Martin Almström

I should also add that I use

Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc 5.2.3
    Target Framework 4.6
    Autofac 3.5.2
    Autofac.Mvc5 3.3.4
    Autofac.WebApi2 3.4.0

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Mar 07, 2016 @ 13:11
    Phill

Hi Martin,

Not sure if the following will resolve your specific issue but a while ago I was working with Autofac and came across this sample code (can't remember original post)

//this example will put the ApplicationContext, 
                //all MVC controllers and API controllers in the
                //current assembly in the container.
                var builder = new ContainerBuilder();
                builder.RegisterInstance(ApplicationContext.Current).AsSelf();
                builder.RegisterControllers(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly());
                builder.RegisterApiControllers(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly());
                var container = builder.Build();
                //setup the webapi dependency resolver to use autofac
                var resolver = new AutofacWebApiDependencyResolver(container);
                GlobalConfiguration.Configuration.DependencyResolver = resolver;
                //setup the mvc dependency resolver to user autofac
                DependencyResolver.SetResolver(new AutofacDependencyResolver(container));

If you haven't added that to OnApplicationStarted maybe give it a try.

Phill

Mar 07, 2016 @ 13:15
    Martin Almström

Hi Phill,

Thanks for the reply, but I (unfortunately) already have that code implemented.

The site works just fine, and has for some time. But now that I started to try to use the SurfaceController with return CurrentUmbracoPage() it just doesnt work. :(

/Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft