Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ross Ekberg 124 posts 364 karma points
    Mar 09, 2016 @ 17:01
    Ross Ekberg

Umbraco Forms Error

Running Umbaco 7.4.1. I have successfully installed Umbraco Forms 4.2.1. I do have a license. I can create one form. I can also copy it. But I can't create more than one form. I also cannot edit any form or create any workflows. When I check the logs, I see this error:

Error executing query INSERT INTO UFuserformsecurity([user], form, hasaccess, securitytype, allowineditor) VALUES(@user, @form, @hasaccess, @securitytype, @allowineditor) System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKUFUserFormSecurityUFForms". The conflict occurred in database "UmbracoUpgradeTest", table "dbo.UFForms", column 'Id'.

I understand this is a foreign key constraint issue. How do I resolve it? Does anyone have any ideas? It may be pertinent to know I recently upgrade from v6.1.0 to v7.4.1. I was previously using Contour. I have been working on this upgrade for quite some time now. Contour has been causing a lot of headaches. I am attempting to not bring over any Contour stuff and just start fresh with Forms. While I did exclude any Contour files, I didn't do so for any Contour tables in the DB. I figured it wouldn't cause any issues. I may be wrong.

• Ross Ekberg 124 posts 364 karma points
    Mar 09, 2016 @ 17:36
    Ross Ekberg

I figured it out. I had to delete all the old Contour tables. Apparently the new Umbraco Forms uses the same namings of various tables and primary/foreign keys as Contour (which does make sense). I am a bit surprised that this wouldn't have been considered when developing the package. Oh well.

So yea, deleting all the old Contour tables (which all start with 'UF') and then doing the install seems to have cleared up the issue.

• Kenny Burns 173 posts 305 karma points
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 16:14
    Kenny Burns

Hello,

Just in case anyone else has this issue. We upgraded an old site (v4) to v7 and have upgraded forms where it used to be contour.

We found some issues where we had to add 2 id columns to 2 tables - as per this issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1133

And we also had to remove a couple of the old foreign key contraints: [dbo].[UFForms][FKUFFormsUFDataSources] [dbo].[UFUserFormSecurity] [FKUFUserFormSecurityUFForms]

Comparing our database to a fresh install of v7 it looks like a lot of the old contur/forms tables are now defunct and can probably be binned. But that's for another day :)

Kenny

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft