Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Lagmark 65 posts 140 karma points
    Mar 09, 2016 @ 19:27
    Paul Lagmark

Deploy site

I have troubles when I try to deploy my site at a webhotell.

I get the following errormessage:

Attempt by security transparent method 'Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(System.Object, System.EventArgs)' to access security critical method 'System.AppDomain.add_UnhandledException(System.UnhandledExceptionEventHandler)' failed.

I have read other threads on the forum regarding this issue, tho I will not accept using WebMatrix as a solution. It should be completly fine to upload your Umbraco-site using nothing but a ftp-program.

Anyone knows how to do this?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 07:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

There is no requirement to use webmatrix or the like to deploy an Umbraco site. FTP works just fine.

However the issues you're having might be caused by something not being configured correctly on the webhotel for instance? Does it support full trust? Is the disk full? etc. etc.

I would probably try to get in touch with the hosting provider and make sure that everything has been setup correctly in their end.

I suppose that the connectionstring to the database is correct etc. ?

/Jan

Mar 10, 2016 @ 08:36
    Paul Lagmark

Hi Jan,

It is a completely new account, so I dont believe that the disk is full.

Full trust? That I dont know about, have to ask the webhotel.

The account is configured to run ASP.NET 4.5 64-bit.

Im using the database that was automatically created when I installed Umbraco via Nuget; umbraco.sdf . The connectionstring should be the same as the one im using locally?

Mar 10, 2016 @ 08:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

Ok - Might be a good idea to check that the server is able to run Umbraco and that no required software is missing etc.

Since you're using the embedded CE SQL databse you don't need to worry about the connection string. It's the same since the DB is being deployed to the webhotel when you upload your files.

/Jan

Mar 11, 2016 @ 09:14
    Paul Lagmark

Okey, got answer from the webhotel about the server settings. They do not support Full trust-applications...

Anyone that can recommend a webhotel thats supports Umbraco? I am living in Sweden so preferably somewhere close here :)

Mar 12, 2016 @ 20:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

Not to familiar with the hosting providers in Sweden but I just discovered that unoeuro.com also offer webhotels in Sweden - I'm using them for some small pet projects and they support Umbraco and the danish support is usually quite fast to respond if an issue occurs. You can learn more here https://sv.unoeuro.com/

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 12, 2016 @ 11:44
    Paul Lagmark

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply and recommendation of webhotell.

We are trying to get the site running on another webhotell and they are saying that it should work, but still we had no success.

Maybe we are uploading wrong files?

We have built the solution and moved the whole site to the server, with all folders and files like Global.asax, Web.config, etc.

Is there maybe a guide to follow for a full deploy?

Apr 24, 2016 @ 08:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

Sorry for the late reply.

What other webhotel are you using? And what kind of error messages to you see when trying to make the site work? Sometimes you'll need to get in touch with the hosting provider to figure out if everything is setup properly on the server in order to run Umbraco.

For instance full trust needs to be enabled etc.

Sounds like you have been doing the file deploy correctly. Depending on, whether you're using CE SQL or a hosted database then you will of course also need to setup the database and modify the connection string as well.

/Jan

Apr 24, 2016 @ 10:43
    Paul Lagmark

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem was related to the enivronment I was deploying to.

After lots of trying we are now using VPS as a windows virtual environment and it works great :)

Have a great day!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft