Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 02:10
    shinsuke nakayama

Umbraco 7.4.1 upgrade error "UmbracoMembershipProvider"

Hi guys,

I have just upgraded my umbraco from 7.2.4 to 7.4.1 and it went all perfectly on my machine. After i committed my code and other developers start using it, they all got this error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error: 

Line 312:      <providers>
    Line 313:        <clear />
    Line 314:        <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="Hashed" applicationName="EnwareWeb" connectionStringName="umbracoDbDSN" />
    Line 315:        <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
    Line 316:      </providers>

Error at line 314

i compared the code but everything was same. Deleted temp folder and umbraco.config file in App_Data but still same issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you

Shinsuke

• Ido Shahar 3 posts 73 karma points
    May 09, 2016 @ 08:03
    Ido Shahar

Hi, Did you find the solution for that? If so, can you please share with us?

I got this error too..

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    May 09, 2016 @ 08:13
    shinsuke nakayama

Hi Ido,

Sorry I forgot to reply to my own thread. The fix was quite simple, the Global.asax file was missing in the root folder. (also default.aspx but i think you can leave this out). So i just had to re-add this file in the source control.

Let me know how it go

Cheers

Shinsuke

• Ido Shahar 3 posts 73 karma points
    May 09, 2016 @ 08:44
    Ido Shahar

Yep, I solved it 5 minutes ago by reinstall from nuget and answered "yes" to replace the global.asax when it ask me.

So, the problem was definitely in this global.asax .

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft