Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 79 posts 416 karma points
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 08:21
    Alex

Hi, Spent the last couple days scouring the forums and documentation and it looks like i have a misbehaving TinyMCE toolbar.

My toolbar is only showing a limited number of the editing options in the RTE

Please help

Thanks

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6445 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 08:29
    Dennis Adolfi

Have you enabled the functionallity you want in the Richtext Editor DataType?

enter image description here

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2016 @ 14:52
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Alex,

Do you have some console errors ?

What version of Umbraco are you using ?

Thanks

May 02, 2016 @ 10:56
    Alex

Hi,

Umbraco Verson: 7.2.8

May 02, 2016 @ 10:57
    Alex

After saving documents type it gives server error of object reference

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 23:51
    Eric Schrepel

Related question: there seems to be confusion about which version of TinyMCE is being used in the latest Umbraco version (7.4.3). This post suggests we're on to version 4 now, and suggests how to add plugins (which I can't make work either), but then in the UI itself, the Property Editor Alias still reads as "Umbraco.TinyMCEv3". I see both umbraco_client/tinymce3 and umbraco/lib/tinymce folders, both with the same dates, and can't tell whether I can delete one or the other.

Customizing TinyMCE in Umbraco has long been tricky, and it'd be great to see a definitive guide on how to add whatever plugins/toolbar things (plus prevent extra spacing when inserting macros, etc.) so that its use in Umbraco is more intuitive.

• Chris Van Oort 110 posts 370 karma points
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 17:16
    Chris Van Oort

*EDIT (Solution): * Note that the "Rich Text Editor" that appears on the Grid editor (Grid Data Type) is not the same as the "Richtext Editor" data type. Editing the proper data type (Grid) fixed my issue (there is no bug.)

I'll leave the following info here in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Did you by chance figure out a solution to have the buttons you saved & selected show up on the Rich Text Editor?

I've done the same (selected buttons and saved in the Data Type editor for Rich Text Editor). It saves, fine and there's no console errors.

When I go look at content in the Rich Text Editor none of the new buttons are showing up and ones I removed are still showing.

Conversation + screenshot of my issue is available here: https://twitter.com/chrisvanoort/status/782957054818263040

Umbraco Issue created here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9035

I have tried:

• Deleting TEMP folder contents
    • Adjusting the Config folder permissions from "read only" to not read only
    • Manually editing tinyMceConfig.config
    • Increasing / changing the version number in ClientDependency.config
    • Stopping and starting the site in IIS

This issue is occurring for me on Umbraco 7.5.3 and looks like it's been around (at least for OP) since 7.2.8. - Stopping / recycling / starting the Application Pool in IIS

Any ideas? -- Thanks!

Screenshot of my selected buttons not appearing

• EddieDemon 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jul 31, 2023 @ 11:14
    EddieDemon

I know that I'm necroing this, but it come on top of Google with no answer. For me (using v12) the answer was giving the user "Update" access. Without it, the toolbar was gone.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft