Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christopher Rahauiser 5 posts 55 karma points
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 14:47
    Christopher Rahauiser

Default Template Not Saving

I am currently working on a fresh install of v7.4.1, and I am having an issue with getting a default template to save.

I created a new document type, with a template, and then created a second template and assigned to the document type. After the second document type was assigned, I clicked "Set as default" on the second template, and clicked "Save".

The UI responds by marking the second template as default, but if I leave the document type and come back, the first template is again the default. When I create a new content item using this document type, the first template is set as the default as well.

I have run into this issue on fresh v7.3.x installs, as well as upgrades from previous versions. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. My company has a "framework" on Umbraco, with each document type having full width and sidebar templates. Some document types need a full width template by default (the second template), and I would hate to have to recreate the templates where full width was first for only some templates, when the functionality appears to be available.

Thank you very much

• Shada 55 posts 137 karma points
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 06:17
    Shada

I have the same problem.

Umbraco version 7.4.1 assembly: 1.0.5891.23238

• Alan Tsai 1 post 20 karma points
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 08:19
    Alan Tsai

I too have the same problem.

I upgrade from 7.28 to 7.38 and default template seems not working any more.

I check the DB table cmsDocumentType and can confirm that the the default template I want's column IsDefault is set to 1 - however, on backed it seems it is not using that template

Has anyone got this solved?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft