Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arjan 21 posts 91 karma points
    Mar 10, 2016 @ 16:05
    Arjan

Backoffice: The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'."}

aloha, in the backoffice I'm trying to change the hostname using Culture & hostnames. When I hit save it says:

{"Message":"The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'."}

this post tells it is related to an incorrect redirect binding, but my versions in web.config are all fine.

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Net.Http" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>

Umbraco version 7.3.4 We have another site (same version) which does not show this behavior and comparing the packages.config and web.config show no significant changes.

.. anyone has an idea?

Mar 14, 2016 @ 16:02
    Arjan

anyone?

Jun 09, 2016 @ 10:58
    Arjan

getting this error again, when changing entries Culture & hostnames. ->no message in log file

anyone has ideas how to approach fixing this? Umbraco 7.3.4

Jun 29, 2016 @ 10:00
    Arjan

strangely enough, incorrect domains seem to have no effect on front end, I can open the FE website without problems. I did clear browser cache, appdata/cache & temp folder and deleted umbraco.config

Q: does it actually matter what domain is in Culture & Hostnames ? Is this security feature broken in 7.3.4?

• Jeremy Coulson 61 posts 143 karma points
    Apr 06, 2020 @ 14:21
    Jeremy Coulson

Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but we suddenly cannot update Culture and Hostnames on our site. We're getting this error (in the browser with noting in the error log). Nothing has changed in our config file related to System.Net.Http in a few years. We need to add some new domains and we're currently not able to make any progress on it. Our Umbraco version is 7.4.3.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft