Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2019 @ 03:04
    Chris Houston

Building Umbraco v8 from the source code is failing ( on my machine! )

Hi All,

I regularly update my local copy of Umbraco v8 from the GitHub repo and until today it has always built cleanly and run.

However today I have just updated to Commit 7614ba42df and I am getting the following error that is prevently Umbraco from starting at all.

2019-01-31 21:44:30,920 [P16776/D4/T34] ERROR  Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime - Boot failed. (24578ms) [Timing ae7ec21]
    Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed. ---> System.ArgumentException: The loggerType 'Umbraco.Web.UI.CdfLogger, Umbraco.Web' does not inherit from ClientDependency.Core.Logging.ILogger
    at ClientDependency.Core.Config.ClientDependencySettings.LoadProviders(HttpContextBase http) in C:\Users\Shannon\Documents\_Projects\ClientDependency\ClientDependency\ClientDependency.Core\Config\ClientDependencySettings.cs:line 313
    at ClientDependency.Core.Config.ClientDependencySettings.<.ctor>b__3_0() in C:\Users\Shannon\Documents\_Projects\ClientDependency\ClientDependency\ClientDependency.Core\Config\ClientDependencySettings.cs:line 40
    at ClientDependency.Core.Config.ClientDependencySettings.get_Instance() in C:\Users\Shannon\Documents\_Projects\ClientDependency\ClientDependency\ClientDependency.Core\Config\ClientDependencySettings.cs:line 92
    at Umbraco.Web.Runtime.WebRuntimeComponent.ConfigureClientDependency(IGlobalSettings globalSettings) in C:\Development\Open Source\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Web\Runtime\WebRuntimeComponent.cs:line 276
    at Umbraco.Web.Runtime.WebRuntimeComponent.Initialize() in C:\Development\Open Source\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Web\Runtime\WebRuntimeComponent.cs:line 77
    at Umbraco.Core.Components.ComponentCollection.Initialize() in C:\Development\Open Source\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\Components\ComponentCollection.cs:line 32
    at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer) in C:\Development\Open Source\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\Runtime\CoreRuntime.cs:line 161
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    2019-01-31 21:44:56,409 [P16776/D4/T11] ERROR  Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred
    Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. Sad. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

If anyone has any ideas how I can fix this, please do let me know :)

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2019 @ 06:27
    Chris Houston

Just to follow up, I deleted the entire solution and re-cloned it from GitHub and now it's working as expected. Something was obviously not happy, but it is now :)

• Mike Masey 39 posts 253 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 20:38
    Mike Masey

I'm also received this issue as well and can also confirm that re-cloning from GitHub fixes the it. It's not a massive hurdle, but can be a bit annoying when working on code for v8 and keeping it up to date with the temp8 branch.

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 22:43
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Chris

The CdfLogger has changed namespace. The web.config is added to gitignore https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/temp8/.gitignore#L73 so when pulling latest changes it is not updated, but you can compare with changes in web.Template.config.

Here is the answer I previously got from Sebastiaan:

In CDF config, remove the .UI from Web.UI.CdfLogger and start with a clean copy of the web.config, copy the Web.Template.config one into your web.config and add the umbraco version and connection string back.

Should be :

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="8.0.0-alpha.58"/>

and

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Umbraco.sdf;Flush Interval=1;" providerName="System.Data .SqlServerCe.4.0"/>

/Bjarne

• Bobi 346 posts 950 karma points
    Mar 02, 2020 @ 03:06
    Bobi

Hi, do you do this for purpose of updating your projects to the latest build or? I am trying to find a more efficient way to update versions when umbraco installed via Nuget.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft