Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony 105 posts 163 karma points
    Feb 01, 2019 @ 16:01
    Tony

Umbraco v8 Nuget wont run

Im creating a new black project, using vs2017. Making sure its .net 4.7.2

Install the nuget nightly build

All i get is 'Cannot load a reference assembly for execution.' problems. If its not Umbraco.models, its system.io.compression or one of the other system dlls.

I've got to the point of just copying every system dll into the bin folder but it just complains about oterh dlls? It shouldn't be this hard to get from nuget and build surely

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 01, 2019 @ 16:05
    Kevin Jump

Hi Tony,

I think you also need to ensure you also have the .net 4.7.2 developer pack installed (see https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/temp8/.github/V8GETTINGSTARTED.md)

Again while Umbraco 8 is in alpha I think the process of getting it going is a little difficult, but something I am sure they will have sorted out before a "proper" release is pushed out

• Tony 105 posts 163 karma points
    Feb 01, 2019 @ 16:09
    Tony

Yes, I followed all those instructions, even installing the dev pack (although it should really be needed when just running it from nuget packages rather than compiling the source). Still hit all these problems

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 02, 2019 @ 09:37
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You need to have at least version 15.9 of VS2017, this error we've seen when using lower versions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft