Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bryna 73 posts 259 karma points
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 21:14
    Bryna

Document Type Import

Has anyone had success importing/exporting Document types from on instance of umbraco to another? I've been able to consistently replicate this on my development box utilizing a document that only has one textbox property on it.

I can export from my development instance(operating under the assumption that the xml is valid). When I delete the document type and then turn around to re-import it, I get an HTTP 500 error at http://localhost/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/ContentType/Upload.

I've only included the first few lines of the error because it is long: Possibly unhandled rejection: {"data":{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: path2","ExceptionType":"System.ArgumentNullException","StackTrace":" at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ContentTypeController.

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 22:52
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

You should really create a bug report on github, or have a look if this has already been reported. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues

Mar 01, 2019 @ 14:05
    Bryna

Looks like it has been reported already. Thank you.

• Roger 14 posts 34 karma points
    May 01, 2019 @ 16:52
    Roger

I have found in Umbraco 8.02 I do not get the Browse button just the Import and Cancel. When I click Import it gives me browse window, I can select the udt, and it closes, nothing else happens. Buttom line Still cannot import

• Lewis Smith 208 posts 617 karma points c-trib
    May 01, 2019 @ 17:16
    Lewis Smith

I got the same issue Roger, but assumed it was related to exporting document types for 7 to 8. If you check the browser console there are some very long errors that are logged that might point you in the right direction.

Lewis

• mathieuh 4 posts 74 karma points
    May 22, 2019 @ 20:19
    mathieuh

I got the same issue here. Did you found something on this? There was this bug here but it's closed. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/4788

There is this one too: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5202

May 22, 2019 @ 21:24
    Bryna

It looks like it is tagged for 8.1.0 release. Since 8.0.2 is the latest version at this time, we'll just have to be patient:).

May 23, 2019 @ 14:33
    mathieuh

This article is clearly misleading. I don't know how to tell them to change this. It said: "We will handle upgrading your database to ensure that all of your content is migrated from the old database schema to the new one using migrations." https://umbraco.com/blog/umbraco-7-to-umbraco-8-a-developer-s-perspective/

But not only the upgrade doesn't work but we can't import document types.

Anybody is able to migrate without doing everything by hand?

May 23, 2019 @ 20:19
    mathieuh

I have to say to anybody who's going to upgrade from 7 to 8 that this is NOT the right time to do it.

First, you can't upgrade the database and this is a big problem. Also, you can't use the import for document types and the packaging didn't work too. You can forget usync since they did a complete different version for umbraco 8. I did not try with usync tought.

At my company we decided to postpone and upgrade from 7.4 to 7.14. If anybody have a better experience I would like to hear you.

All this considered I really hope they will do or share all the how to do stuffs and I'm confident that they will. Umbraco 8 is great but it's beta at this moment.

• Brandon Osborne 38 posts 161 karma points c-trib
    Jun 06, 2019 @ 20:53
    Brandon Osborne

I'm actually the one that fixed this issue about a month ago, but it isn't in the current release. You can always download the latest source code from Github and build from that.

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Jul 24, 2019 @ 20:21
    Brett Spencer

@Brandon Osborne: What version are you referring to? I'm testing an import from 8.1.0 to the same (different project) and it is still not working.

The moment I click the open button on the file browser the import screen goes away and nothing further happens.

aaah. I see that a different change broke this fix. A different ticket was opened and was closed just 10 hours ago. So maybe 8.1.1 we'll be good?

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 25, 2019 @ 06:08
    Søren Gregersen

Hi Brett,

I would suggest you describe it in dept in an issue on github.

As much info as you have, examples of the files you are importing etc.

Although this forum is monitored by umbraco HQ, they may not be reading this exact thread. It will help HQ (and you) more having bug report that describes what is wrong.

HTH, Søren

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft