Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Will Kong 6 posts 77 karma points
    Mar 14, 2019 @ 22:02
    Will Kong

How to upgrade Umbraco 7 to 8 in Azure Web App

Hi folks,

I have a project to deploy a flexible load balanced website to Azure using Umbraco 8. And I stuck at the first task, install Umbraco 8 as a Azure Web App.

I added Umbraco CMS as a Web App in Azure, but it's V7.12. Our target is V8. I tried to upload V8.zip via FTP to the site\repository, refresh the site to trigger a installation, but it's still 7.12 after that. Tried clicking sync in deployment center, it seems 7.12 is the latest version Azure uses. We don't have VS, so not possible to use NuGet. Do you know how to perform the upgrading?

My next try will be: create a empty web app in azure, FTP V8.zip and see if it will install.

Thanks!

Will

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 14, 2019 @ 22:55
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hey Will, there is not an upgrade path to go from v7 to v8, there will be a migration path in the future: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Umbraco8FAQ#will-it-be-possible-to-upgrade-automatically-from-umbraco-7-to-umbraco-8

• Will Kong 6 posts 77 karma points
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 16:31
    Will Kong

Thanks Sebastiaan! So if Umbraco 8 is not available in Azure Market, and we don't have VS, do you know how to install Umbraco 8 as a Web app on Azure? What's I'm thinking is creating a empty WebApp and then use NuGet.exe in CLI to install it. Not sure if it will work or not. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Will Kong

• Gilles 26 posts 108 karma points
    Mar 19, 2019 @ 07:35
    Gilles

Hey Sebastiaan,

Were you successful? I also wanted to try to install v8 in Azure. I haven't tried yet though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft