Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Simon Napper 49 posts 158 karma points
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 12:06
    Simon Napper
    0

    NuGet Umbraco 8 install incomplete?

    Has anyone else had any issues installed V8 via NuGet? Tried it today in a fresh, empty solution and on build it's not generating any dlls that Umbraco needs to operate. In addition it's missing the imageprocessor config folder.

    When I compare this with the V8 download (https://our.umbraco.com/download/) all the dll's and imageprocessor config files are there and V8 works if I use this approach.

    Anyone else found this?

    Oh and if it helps, running on .Net 4.7.2 and Visual Studio 15.9.7

  • Sebastiaan Janssen 4811 posts 14039 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 12:42
    Sebastiaan Janssen
    0

    Technically, NuGet doesn't "generate" the dlls, it just copies them from the packages folder into your bin folder.

    Have you followed the guide here to the letter? https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Install/install-umbraco-with-nuget

    And when you build the solution, what happens, do you not get any errors?

    How about if you NuGet install version 7.14.0, does that work?

  • Matt 162 posts 393 karma points
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 13:59
    Matt
    0

    Check that your Visual Studio version is at least 15.9.6

  • Simon Napper 49 posts 158 karma points
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 16:27
    Simon Napper
    0

    Yep it's 15.9.7

  • Simon Napper 49 posts 158 karma points
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 16:33
    Simon Napper
    0

    @Sebastiaan Looks like this was a false positive. Just for information and in case anyone else has the same issue, 7.14.0 worked fine, however when I went back to my version 8 solution and opened up the NuGet package manager, I noticed that there was only the UmbracoCms V8 package in there and none of the dependencies you would expect to see accompanying it. Weirdly though the physical package files existed and the solution built (which surprised me) but only generated the roslyn dlls as well as the dll for the web project,

    So doing what any rational person would do, after exorcising any poltergeists out of my laptop with virtual holy water, I reinstalled V8 via the Package Manager console and everything seems to be in order. Not sure why that imageprocessor config directory wasn't there, but it's appearing now so all good.

    Weird one, but working now!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft