Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damion 96 posts 331 karma points
    Mar 21, 2019 @ 11:58
    Damion

Installed package causing Umbraco 8 to fail

Hi,

I've installed the package UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure to Umbraco 8 via the packages page in backoffice.

When I run my app it fails,

Visual Studio: Umbraco.Core.pdb not loaded

Umbraco: -> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Could not load all types from "Our.Umbraco.FileSystemProviders.Azure, Version=1.0.3.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions

The problem is I now can't open Umbraco backoffice to uninstall, does anyone know how I can sort this?

thanks

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 21, 2019 @ 12:58

Don't think that package works on v8, any other access to the site other then trough the backoffice?

Mar 21, 2019 @ 13:06
    Damion

I'm running it from VS and both fail. I'm about to try reverting the code to a previous version to see if that makes any difference, but I assume I will have to revert the database to another point in time?

Mar 21, 2019 @ 13:08

Don't think that the package does db stuff, so you installed it from the UI not from vs package manager console?

Mar 21, 2019 @ 13:08
    Damion

yeah that's correct

Mar 21, 2019 @ 13:10

Well then you'll need to see what the package changed, and remove those things, probably some stuff in the /bin direction and changes to the web.config, if you change the package extension to .zip and extract, there is a pacakge.xml file which should give you an idea

Mar 21, 2019 @ 13:12
    Damion

That'll help, thanks for your time

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft