Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ross 14 posts 105 karma points
    Mar 25, 2019 @ 17:06
    Ross

Custom routes - IPublishedContent Url error

Hi guys,

I have implemented a custom route "/performer/{performer-name}" that I have mapped to a CMS page with actual url "/performers/performer". I have followed the guides available for Umbraco 8 and have implemented a RegisterCustomRouteComposer logic to be able to register my route.

The issue I have is that top navigation razor logic fails on the page in question with the following:

[ArgumentException: Value cannot be null or whitespace. Parameter name: text] Umbraco.Web.Routing.UrlInfo..ctor(String text, Boolean isUrl, String culture) +153 Umbraco.Web.Routing.CustomRouteUrlProvider.GetUrl(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, IPublishedContent content, UrlProviderMode mode, String culture, Uri current)

This is thrown in the topNavigation partial, the Url property of PublishedContentWrapped:

<a class="nav-link" href="@item.Url">@item.Name</a> // item is IPublishedContent

Weirdly, this only becomes an issue after an app pool / website recycle. Rebuilding the solution with a trivial change fixes it..

Custom Route Composer:

public class RegisterCustomRouteComposer : ComponentComposer<RegisterCustomRouteComponent>
    {
    }

public class RegisterCustomRouteComponent : IComponent
    {
        public void Initialize()
        {
            RegisterRoutes(RouteTable.Routes);
        }

public void Terminate()
        {               
        }

private static void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)
        {
            RouteTable.Routes.MapUmbracoRoute("Performer details", "performer/{performername}", new
            {
                controller = "Performer",
                action = "Index", 
                performername = UrlParameter.Optional
            }, new PerformerNodeRouteHandler());
        }
    }   

Virtual Route Handler:

public class PerformerNodeRouteHandler : UmbracoVirtualNodeRouteHandler
    {
        protected override IPublishedContent FindContent(RequestContext requestContext, UmbracoContext umbracoContext)
        {
            var performerPage = umbracoContext.ContentCache.GetAtRoot().First().Descendant<Performer>();
            return performerPage;
        }
    }

Controller:

public class PerformerController : Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController
    {
        // GET: Performer page
        public ActionResult Index(ContentModel model, string performername)
        {
            var viewModel = new PerformerViewModel(model.Content){PerformerName = performername };
            return CurrentTemplate(viewModel);
        }

}

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Ross

• Ross 14 posts 105 karma points
    Mar 26, 2019 @ 09:01
    Ross

Also noticed that in the controller index action above, the "model.Content.Url" (ContentModel type argument) also throws the same error when debugging.

• shekhar sharma 22 posts 110 karma points
    Jun 14, 2021 @ 12:45
    shekhar sharma

Hi Ross,

Not Sure if this Works. Just remove the Blank Space and replace it with "-" hyphen in the {performername} .

RouteTable.Routes.MapUmbracoRoute("Performer details", "performer/{performername(in this field space need to be replace with hyphen )}", new

Thanks,

Shekhar

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft