Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Mar 25, 2019 @ 21:01
    Tony Lorentzen

IsHelpers not available?

I'm @using Umbraco.Web in my Partial View and getting a selection of nodes by using Model.ChildrenOfType ... blablabla but in my foreach statement I'm trying to look at item.IsOdd - but getting this error:

System.Web.HttpCompileException (0x80004005): H:\xxx\MyPartialView.cshtml(26): error CS1061: 'IPublishedContent' does not contain a definition for 'IsOdd' and no accessible extension method 'IsOdd' accepting a first argument of type 'IPublishedContent' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

If I disregard the IsHelpers and use oldskool integer count % 2 == 0 then I can get it working. But shouldn't this just work?

Running into a lot of these kinds of quirks with Umbraco 8 with code that's previously tested and working with 7.x.

What's going on - is Umbraco 8 just buggy as hell?! Website said it was ready for primetime (production) and not I'm developing a site in it and this happens. Frustrating!

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Mar 25, 2019 @ 21:17
    Tony Lorentzen

Sometimes I wish I could just go back to the good old days with XSLT - this MVC and Razor is killing my productivity.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft