Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zoki 27 posts 103 karma points
    Apr 01, 2019 @ 07:28
    Zoki

v8 slow TTFB

Hey everyone,

We have recently built a multilanguage site on v8.0.0, everything went surprisingly smooth there, nothing major that prevented us from doing so.

However, site is now hosted on shared hosting where we were hosting Umbraco from versions 4, all the way now to 8. They were always behaving well (to rule out bad hosting). Now we’re having some serious issues with pages sometimes being very sluggish, which was exactly what we hoped would be grossly improved.

It doesn’t happen all the time, but we’re experiencing 6-7+ second times only for new page to open from time to time, but still often enough to be an issue (we have experienced it, client too, in network tab we can observe huge TTBF for a page, before any asset is loaded). Website is a bit content heavy (lots of pics and videos), but has a fairly small number of nodes (<100).

Anyone had those issues or have a suggestion?

Apr 01, 2019 @ 16:07
    Zoki

Small update, it seems issue might be tied to caching, as first page load takes 6 seconds, while next arrival(s) to that page slashes down to ~60ms.

Mind you, I'm talking here only about page time-to-first-byte, not content/assets itself.

Apr 01, 2019 @ 18:26
    Zoki

Hmmm, well to add more issues, after trying to cache everything I could with cachedpartial (doesn't resolve original issue, page loads are fast, except when they are not), cachedpartial seems not to be playing well with multilanguage V8 site :( Casually displaying wrong laguage, even if parameter "cache per page" is set to true.

• Jake 7 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 29, 2020 @ 16:32
    Jake

Did you find a fix for this? I'm setting up sites for my company with Umbraco and when a site is left alone for a while the ttfb can ramp up to nearly a minute, then after a few loads it will be <2 seconds on all machines.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 29, 2020 @ 17:33
    Dennis Adolfi

I’m seeing this as well on a v8 site. TTFB on a “sleeping” site can sometimes take up to 1min, but next load takes milliseconds.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft