Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 08, 2019 @ 03:54
    Scott

Multiple Logins from different companies working of the one instance.

Hello,

We are currently in the process of specing a new project, we're looking at Umbraco as a potential solution however I have a few questions which I hope someone can answer.

We will have one instance, this instance to start with will be accessible by one person who can login and manage content etc, later down the line they would like to open this up for other people belonging to different companys and add their own unique content which is associated with given company.

Now my question is with different logins they should only be able to view / edit / create / delete content associated with that login and when I say see I mean permanently make all content not linked to the login disappear from the tree node, is this something Umbraco can handle with ease?

• Andrew 25 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 08, 2019 @ 15:04
    Andrew

Hi Scott,

I imagine you're going to use one instance of Umbraco to host multiple sites so you'll have several home pages etc?

If you set your project up in this way, and have a media folder for each site you could create a User Group for each site and set the content start node and the media start node to the appropriate site.

This way, when giving users umbraco access they would only be able to access the content and media of their particular site.

If they need more access than just the Content and Media sections you may need to look into this a little more, but definitely with those areas you can manage it easily.

• Scott 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 08, 2019 @ 21:11
    Scott

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for coming back to me, umm at the moment it'll be one website so one home page.

Thanks

Scott

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft