Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 16:44
    Proxicode

Umbraco 8 on GoDaddy

So I moved my first Umbraco 8 site (8.0.1) up to my client's host GoDaddy and I am getting a yellow screen

"This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator"

Having 20+ Umbraco7 sites already running on GoDaddy, I realized that forgot to include <trust level="full" /> in my web.config, so I added that, but this time... no change. Basically GoDaddy is blocking "\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" from executing. There are dozens of posts that say to just go to the web.config and comment out the compilers from the <system.codedom> section. But if I am using ModelsBuilder (which I am) I cannot remove those correct?

All of my previous Umbraco7 sites have the compilers section included and they run just fine. Is there anything else that I can try?

Thanks!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2019 @ 06:50
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Proxycode,

I assume you are using one of the live modes in Modelsbuilder.

That will need to the roslyn compiler.

Better to you use API mode or Dll mode (generate the dll locally) to avoid this problem

I wrote a an article once about the different models builder modes : https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2016/getting-started-with-modelsbuilder/

Dave

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Apr 11, 2019 @ 14:46
    Proxicode

Thanks Dave -

That's exactly what I ended up doing. I had to go a rewrite my templates to no longer use the PureLive @inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoViewPage<ContentModels.Home> style and go back and update a bunch of razor calls to use the longer syntax for getting Values and then switched out to Dll mode and the site came up on my shared hosting plans.

After reading your 24days.in post I think I may go back and try LiveDll. I wish I had found your post yesterday, but I ended up relying pretty heavily on this one. Although it is Umbraco 7 specific, most of it still applies.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and for that detailed post that you made. Definitely bookmarked for future reference. :-)

-Roger

• Jose Marcenaro 11 posts 112 karma points c-trib
    May 17, 2019 @ 23:51
    Jose Marcenaro

Hi Dave and Proxicode

I have a related issue trying to deploy an Umbraco 8 website on GoDaddy. I don't use ModelsBuilder Live Mode, but I'm using extensively the CSharp7 features in my Razor views (i.e. Null propagation).

Those features are not available if the Roslyn compiler is not enabled, so I'm in a tough spot.

I tried precompiling the views on publishing, but that would require include (and precompile) the Umbraco views as well.

Could not find a reasonable solution yet. If someone has an idea - other than dumping GoDaddy and moving to Azure - I will be happy to hear about it. Thx!

• Prashant Tomar 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 21, 2020 @ 09:15
    Prashant Tomar

Hi Proxicode/Dave,

I am trying to put the ModelsMode as "Dll" or "LiveDll" like:

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="LiveDll" />

But it is giving following error,

ModelsMode "LiveDll" is not a valid mode. Note that modes are case-sensitive. Possible values are: Nothing, PureLive, AppData, LiveAppData

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft