Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Apr 18, 2019 @ 21:28
    Hassan Abdelsabour Mohamed Moussa Abdrabo

Failed site restart after package install

Hi All I can't start my umbraco site I need help and I am newbie to umbraco.

I was trying to install the below package on umbraco 8. then it failed and the site stopped working.

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/starter-kits/umazel-starter-kit-responsive-bootstrap-theme/

Under the image is the crazy error message can you please help?

enter image description here

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Apr 19, 2019 @ 08:32
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Hassan, peace be upon those who follow guidance.

You mentioned that you use Umbraco V8 and the starterkit package you tested I don't see it available in the V8 also in the package page shows older files.

enter image description here enter image description here

I suggest that you connect to the backoffice and uninstall the package.

Notes:

Umbraco moved to V8 and many changes made to the core which means that package created for V7 may needs changes and new release for V8.

In case you want a starterkit to work with and navigate the CMS try to connect the backoffice, install a starterkit from there or install it manually after checking the zip you downloaded is compatible with V8.

Example:

enter image description here

• Apr 19, 2019 @ 08:36

Hi Tarik.

Many thanks. I knew what I was doing is stupid. Anyway, I am not able even to connect to the backoffice. Any suggestion?

I tried to restart and even restarted my pc but no use.

Apr 19, 2019 @ 09:00
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Hassan, can I know which packages you installed after a fresh installation of V8?

• Apr 19, 2019 @ 09:02

Thanks Tarik,

Umbraco Forms and I did so by mistake and removed it. The other one was the one I mentioned before.

Apr 19, 2019 @ 10:09
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Hassan, I replicated the issue in my machine and I saw many changes on the source code and to know what was added and what is changed may takes time.

I suggest that you create other project with a fresh installation and test V8 packages.

• Apr 19, 2019 @ 17:59

Many Thanks Tarik. Makes sense. :)

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Apr 19, 2019 @ 18:25
    Carlos Mosqueda

@Hassan,

Most of the time, if you install a package they are in the App_Plugins folder. You will need to delete the plugin.

In the case of the Starter Kits, they usually import Views and scripts, so you can usually delete those too.
    And then there is the 'App_Data > packages > installed' folder where there is an 'installedPackages.config' file where you would delete the entry of the package.

Like Tarik said, since it seems like you did a new site and not an existing site, it would be best to just create a new project. But just in case you happen to install a package that is not compatible with Umbraco or happens to break the site, the above process should help you recover your site. I have done this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft