Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aaron West 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 23, 2019 @ 16:26
    Aaron West

Umbraco 8 - Uncaught SerializationException when changing Document and other Types

When developing in Umbraco 8, I am getting the following exception when working on content types. I think this is related to IIS/ASP_NET restarting the application on some file system changes.

An easy way to trigger this is to use something like a uSync import that makes a lot of type changes, but we also get this error when doing document type changes.

Anybody else encountering this and how have you solved this?

Application: w3wp.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.HostingEnvironmentShutdownInitiated(System.String, System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment) at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.RemoveThisAppDomainFromAppManagerTableOnce() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownInternal() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownWithoutDemand() at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomain(System.String) at System.Web.Compilation.DiskBuildResultCache.ShutdownCallBack(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem() at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

• Bryna 73 posts 259 karma points
    Apr 23, 2019 @ 18:40
    Bryna

Are you using PureLive or Dll mode for modelsbuilder? If you are using Dll mode, manually rebuilding the models from settings might be able to help you out.

• Aaron West 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 23, 2019 @ 22:19
    Aaron West

Thank you! Switching to DLL mode and doing manual development when doing heavy development corrects the issue.

I also found this helpful: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Templating/Modelsbuilder/Install-And-Configure

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Sep 13, 2019 @ 02:59
    Shannon Deminick

Interesting, i also have recently got this error while having the debugger attached. In my case this turns out to be an issue with the app restarting and trying to serialize the Umbraco.Core.Security.UmbracoBackOfficeIdentity

The exception is actually:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException
      HResult=0x8013150C
      Message=Type is not resolved for member 'Umbraco.Core.Security.UmbracoBackOfficeIdentity,Umbraco.Core, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
      Source=<Cannot evaluate the exception source>
      StackTrace:
    <Cannot evaluate the exception stack trace>

Potentially MB might play a role in this but i think it might be more generic than that. Anyways, just posting this here for completeness, i'll investigate this a bit more if i can replicate.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft