Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Björn Olsson 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 26, 2019 @ 13:32
    Björn Olsson

Content flow for solutions outside Umbraco Cloud?

This question is directed to the developers of Umbraco. Is there any plans to implement support for 'content flow' for solutions not hosted in umbraco cloud, or at least something similar? I know about the uSync package, but I'm looking for a more 'native' solution for deploying changes to metadata in a controlled way, deploying content is secondary and not required for my demands.

• SteveV 54 posts 240 karma points
    Apr 27, 2019 @ 12:53
    SteveV

Umbraco does sell Courier but it's features are very limited and doesn't seem to work on 8. You can only carry over content and Courier will look at the dependencies (content types, data types) and bring those along too.

Since you are probably using Umbraco 8 your only choice is uSync. But know that it's superior to Courier.

• David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Apr 27, 2019 @ 14:02
    David Zweben

If it's technically feasible, Umbraco should consider making a version of Deploy (with Content Flow) for self-hosted solutions. Even if it's a paid plugin and not cheap, it would be great to have as an option. Cloud has enough other benefits to stand on its own without keeping Deploy for itself.

• Carlos Gomes 38 posts 184 karma points
    Apr 27, 2019 @ 14:14
    Carlos Gomes

Hi David,

https://umbraco.com/blog/umbraco-on-premise-deployment/

Take a look at this article. It would be great to know when this will be possible, since, for instance, we, at our company, will not migrate to Umbraco 8 while not having this deployment process available

Apr 27, 2019 @ 14:27
    Björn Olsson

Good to know that this is the pipeline allready, this is pretty much a must-have feature to see umbraco as a competitor to the more enterprise cms alternatives.

Apr 27, 2019 @ 14:14
    Björn Olsson

I agree, I wouldn't mind paying for a plug-in for this. A code first approach would be even more effective, but something similar to content flow is a good start.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft