Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lander Debeuf 23 posts 125 karma points
    Apr 29, 2019 @ 13:36
    Lander Debeuf

UmbracoIdentity throws error after installing

A clean project was created and a fresh install of the UmbracoCms v 12.4.0 and UmbracoIdentity v6.1.0 was done.

This project doesn't compile anymore. In the UmbracoIdentityAccountController there seems to be an issue with the User.Identity.GetUserId

Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.IdentityExtensions.GetUserId<T> 

and the

UmbracoIdentity.IdentityExtensions.GetUserId<T>

Also a reference is missing in that file to using UmbracoIdentity;

I don't know why that isn't tackled in the package before installing it but it could save a lot of headakes.

So after changing all the lines that were giving me an error from

User.Identity.GetUserId<int>()

to this

UmbracoIdentity.IdentityExtensions.GetUserId<int>(User.Identity)

the project compiles, But it is still not running as it should. (where a few weeks back it did work like this)

i now have 2 problems.

Registering a new user is working fine, but the user is not getting logged in. The page just refreshes, no error, nothing, but still not logged in. When i use a wrong password it says

Invalid username or password

So it is semi working but for some reason it is not allowing me to log in.

If i enable the external login provider (cfr Facebook) i need to enable SSL at that point i get an error thrown when i just start the login page (i am not even trying to connect with facebook. i just enabled SSL for my solution

Could not convert the id ad8257d5-132d-422a-a772-3717f782d498 to type System.Int32

[InvalidOperationException: Could not convert the id ad8257d5-132d-422a-a772-3717f782d498 to type System.Int32]
       UmbracoIdentity.IdentityExtensions.GetUserId(IIdentity identity) in C:\projects\umbracoidentity-j2659\src\UmbracoIdentity\IdentityExtensions.cs:18
       Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.Owin.<<OnValidateIdentity>b__1>d__4.MoveNext() +586

I have no idea where this is popping up all of a sudden. I used to work with this without any problem untill today...

• nickornotto 397 posts 900 karma points
    Nov 11, 2020 @ 18:46
    nickornotto

Hi, Did you resolve it?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft