Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carsten A Pedersen 5 posts 75 karma points
    Apr 30, 2019 @ 06:11
    Carsten A Pedersen

Export to live server

Hi everyone, I a a total NEEWBIE to Umbraco and have installed Umbraco on Visual Studio 2019. During install I chose "custimize" because I wanted to start with a fresh install without template. During this process I had to choose which DB I wanted to use, and I went with SQL CE, as I don´t have a Database tool installed.

How do I export my finished site when I am done? I have a aspx webhost with Unoeuro and want to export to that server.

But I am very much in doubt about my DB settings and if it is a file or how to export it.

Please advise //Carsten - Denmark

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 30, 2019 @ 08:50
    Damiaan

You could keep on running with the SDF file (in /App_Data) -- move this over with FTP to your host.

However, if you have a SQL Server database with your hosting provider, that is a preferred solution.

To migrate I would suggesst the SqlCeToolbox plug-in for visual studio (can run stand alone too).

• Carsten A Pedersen 5 posts 75 karma points
    May 01, 2019 @ 10:37
    Carsten A Pedersen

Thanks Damiaan, i will try to look into this SqlCeToolbox thingy ;-)

//Carsten

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    May 01, 2019 @ 19:49
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

I would suggest using a real database, and only use SqlCe on your local machine.

In your local umbraco install you can export all the settings and content. This is done under the "packages" where you click "created" and "create package".

enter image description here

Fill out the form (just write the name of your website in all the fields), and select what you want to export (just check everything under package content). After clicking "create", you can then download a package.

When you upload your website (you can do this from visual studio), umbraco will have to be installed on the target environment.

You should have some database credentials from your hosting company, that you need to install umbraco.

When you have installed umbraco, you can then import the package - under packages, just click "install local".

HTH :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft