Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Maas 8 posts 88 karma points
    May 01, 2019 @ 10:12
    Rob Maas

Composing - Configure constructor parameters and properties

Hello,

I'm trying to register some services in a IUserComposer, which works for very simple stuff but I'm missing a couple of necessary functions that I'm used to working with Autofac.

I'm trying to configure the necessary constructor parameters and overwrite some properties of the created services.

Autofac:

builder.RegisterType<SomeType>().As<ISomeType>().WithParameters(new NamedParameter("param1", "somevalue"));

and

builder.RegisterType<SomeType>().As<ISomeType>().WithProperty("propName", someObject);

Can anybody help me out with this?

Rob

• Corné Strijkert 80 posts 456 karma points c-trib
    May 01, 2019 @ 10:54
    Corné Strijkert

Hi Rob,

Interesting question. I've looked at the Umbraco source code and I came to this:

composition.Register<ISomeType>((factory) => 
        new SomeType("somevalue", 
            factory.GetInstance<ISomeOtherType1>(), 
            factory.GetInstance<ISomeOtherType2>()), Lifetime.Scope);

I'm not sure if this is what you're searching for? Give it a try and I'm curious if it will work..

I would suggest to search for 'Register' on the Umbraco 8 repository. You will get a lot of code samples how Umbraco is registering stuff. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/search?q=Register&unscoped_q=Register

• Rob Maas 8 posts 88 karma points
    May 08, 2019 @ 14:27
    Rob Maas

Hi Corné,

Thank you for your reply.

I took a look at the LightInject documentation, which was helpful.

Found out most of my necessary third-party packages have no impl. support for LightInject IOC and didn't feel like creating all of them myself so I just ended up using Umbraco 7 with Autofac instead.

It's a bit of a pity that Umbraco 8 uses a pretty much unknown library for its IOC if you'd ask me.

Regards,

Rob

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft