Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Olly Fray 11 posts 91 karma points
    May 08, 2019 @ 08:12
    Olly Fray

Hostnames in Umbraco 8

Hi

I have an Umbraco 7 setup that uses hostnames to house different websites - I am currently trying to migrate to Umbraco 8, however when I add a second site to the mix, Umbraco fails to boot.

This is the set up: Main site with no hostname configured (Just used to access Umbraco) configured in Plesk with own Application Pool

Second site with specific hostname attached to root now. Configured in plesk as another site with own Application Pool.

The second site fails to boot Umbraco with the following exception:

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.co.uk\App_Data\TEMP\NuCache\NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process.

Obviously I can see that both sites are trying to use the NuCache but one can't because the other one is - Is this an issue with having two application pools?

This setup works fine in Umbraco 7 and I've replicated it to 8 but am at a loss.

Thanks for your help!

• Jarrette Schule 1 post 72 karma points
    May 20, 2019 @ 17:09
    Jarrette Schule

Solution is to add these to web.config:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft