Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bhawna Jain 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 14, 2019 @ 05:35
    Bhawna Jain

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication'

Its the 4th time that I have created a new asp.net web application and installed umbraco but I am stuck at the same error page in each of them. enter image description here Process followed: Aspnet web application-->MVC/empty project-->umbraco through nuget/umbraco though package manger-->yes to the changes in webconfig and global.ascx-->run the project--> error page

If anyone can see what is this issue which is there even in a fresh installation?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 14, 2019 @ 06:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Usually this happens when you name your project Umbraco. If that's the case, try giving it another name.

If not, make sure to look at the system requirements and installation guide. Also make sure to build the project (although running it should build it, but check that the bin folder contains umbraco dlls).

May 14, 2019 @ 07:07
    Bhawna Jain

First of all, mine application didn't have any "Umbraco" in the name..still I tried renaming it by first changing in properties of the project and in the solution explorer itself. But that created a whole lot of other reference issues for me. I wont recommend doing such thing or maybe it's just me who missed some other critical steps while renaming a asp.net solution in VS17.

May 14, 2019 @ 07:01
    Bhawna Jain

Anybody else having the same issue, you might be able to solve it this way.

It was basically related to the version of target framework. Latest Umbraco (to be exact Umbraco version 8.0.2) requires .NET Framework 4.7.2 and mine was targeting 4.7.1.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Install/install-umbraco-with-nuget

To add new versions of .net framework, either you can download a offline packet and simply run it or by VS installer. https://nodogmablog.bryanhogan.net/2017/04/how-to-install-net-framework-4-7-in-visual-studio-2017/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft