Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mukund 23 posts 103 karma points
    May 17, 2019 @ 11:56
    Mukund

uSync - Working Procudure

Hi ,

I have read the uSync documentation for the content transfer between the environment.
    Following packages are installed for the content transfer.

(Using Umbraco CMS 8 version)

1. uSync
    2. uSync core
    3. uSync.ContentEdition

Could you please let us know are there any other packages to be included and also share complete working procedure ?

May 20, 2019 @ 09:13
    Mukund

Hi All,

Could you please help and share the details?

Thanks in advance.

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 20, 2019 @ 10:29
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

yeah, you should only need those packages, the default setup for uSync8 is that is won't import automatically.

so in genral, you should run an export from the source site, copy the uSync folder over to the target site and run an import,

uSync will only create files for the database elements of a Umbraco site so you will need to also copy the Views, Scripts, CSS and Media folders.

you don't need to run the export every time as uSync will write changes out to the folder when things are saved in Umbraco - its just good to make sure the first time that everything is on the disk

May 29, 2019 @ 12:45
    Mukund

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for the details. Appreciate the response. One more important thing i would like to discuss.

I have 3 environments for develop Umbraco (Dev - Staging - Production). Application hosted in azure env as a webapp service (Test and Production env).

Azure devops - CICD approach is followed for the release control.

Normally content for the website is changed by the business team, whenever end user changes the content , do i have to transfer the uSync folder to production env ? which will be manual\CI CD process again ? and its not a standard practice to request for deployment of the folder every-time.

Could you please suggest the approach for the implementation of uSync to transfer the content from test to production environment?

Many thanks in advance.

Jun 03, 2019 @ 08:35
    Mukund

Hi,

Could you please review and share your feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Jun 17, 2019 @ 08:30
    Mukund

Hi,

Any updates? Can you please help ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft