Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ali 6 posts 76 karma points
    May 31, 2019 @ 13:40
    ali

Umbraco with windows server 2016 compatibility !I purchased a server with :Traffic: Unlimited *

Hi, I'm new to Umbraco CMS, I purchased a Dedicated server from "Hetzner" to migrate my site "shafaaq.com" which is a news agency ; from an old hosting.

I purchased a server with :

RAM: 128 GB DDR4 ECC Hard drive: 2 x 960 GB NVMe Datacenter Edition (software-RAID 1) Connection: 1 GBit/s port Guaranteed bandwidth: 1 GBit/s Backup space: 100 GB

Traffic: Unlimited *

I'm using Umbraco V 8.0.1 , and I use also "Cloudflare" service to reduce the DDos attacks. the site is working ok , but it seems when the total instant unique visitors reached about 500 , the site goes to slowness !!

is there any limitations in my case preventing total visitors from exceeding 500 limit ?!

• SteveV 54 posts 240 karma points
    May 31, 2019 @ 18:22
    SteveV

You have to give us some more information and investigate yourself why your website is slow. I visited your website and based on the limited info of what you told us here this is what I came up with:

Bandwidth

Your homepage is about 2 MB in size. 500 users * 2 MB = 1000 MB and 1 Gb (Gigabit) = 125 MB (MegaByte). Those 500 users don't hit your site all at the same time but 1 Gb/s might not be enough bandwidth.

Are you using Cloudflare's CDN for your media?

Use 3th party CDN's

Your website uses Bootstrap, Font Awesome, jQuery, Popper and jQuery.Nicescroll. You are already using CdnJS for Moment.js. Why not use it for these libraries too?

Slow pages

The pages (HTML only) take 500-700ms to load. That is way too long. Step through your code in Visual Studio and look for all the parts that are slow to execute. Your server has enough memory, use the cache and invalidate it when a content editor has made changes.

Smaller issues

There is a broken image in the "منوعـات" section which causes the homepage to be requested too. This causes more load on your server.

Don't render an img element when a photo is not available.

There is one image that doesn't get cropped.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft