Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jojo V 64 posts 166 karma points
    Jun 13, 2019 @ 11:27
    Jojo V

Rest API for FE

Hi,

I would like make frontend in Angular ( 4/6 ) or some other FE JS Framework. For this solutions I need frontend Rest Api in Umbraco.

Does Umbraco 8 Rest API for frontend unauthorized users?

• Laura Weatherhead 25 posts 153 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 13, 2019 @ 12:12
    Laura Weatherhead

Hi Jojo!

You can create API endpoints in Umbraco by extending the UmbracoApiController base

There is more information on how this would work here: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Routing/WebApi/

Is this the sort of thing you had in mind?

Cheers, Laura

Jun 13, 2019 @ 13:22
    Jojo V

I read this article but this is not for umbraco 8:

"This article has not yet been verified against Umbraco 8."

Ok. Can you show me how I get content page for example? I try it but I have faild. THX

• Laura Weatherhead 25 posts 153 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 13, 2019 @ 13:41
    Laura Weatherhead

Hey Jojo - could you post some of the code/examples of what you have tried?

Hopefully that will help me understand where you're at and not cover stuff you already know :-)

Jun 13, 2019 @ 20:51
    Jojo V

I thought, you could show me a complete code for the Rest API controller through which I will get content a contact page after the api call via the URL /api/content/get/contact ( For example ).

• Magnus Eriksson 122 posts 362 karma points
    Jun 13, 2019 @ 14:23
    Magnus Eriksson

With UmbracoApiController you build your own REST API:s to consume, is that what you want?

Or are you looking for ready to use Content REST API:s? If so, then I think it's Umbraco Headless you're after. Umbraco Headless is supposed to be released soon: https://umbraco.com/products/umbraco-headless/

Regards, Magnus

Jun 13, 2019 @ 21:13
    Jojo V

Yes, second answer is correct. I looking for "ready to use Content REST API" :)

Or exist another solutions how I can build Angular FE and get content from umbraco?

( I'm a beginner in umbraco )

• Magnus Eriksson 122 posts 362 karma points
    Jun 14, 2019 @ 07:12
    Magnus Eriksson

I think Umbraco Headless is what you want then. I haven't watched it yet but Umbraco HQ yesterday released a talk about headless from Codegarden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO55Bpo8_zg

Regards, Magnus

Jun 14, 2019 @ 13:00
    Jojo V

Umbraco Headless look fine but release date not yet known and I would like to make Angular app at this time :/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft