Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP
    Jun 13, 2019 @ 14:16
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Error causing the application to restart after a doctype change

I am using Umbraco v8.0.2 and every time I make a change to a doctype I get an error. "Cannot bind source content type Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels.PcImageSlider to model type Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels.PcImageSlider. Both view and content models are PureLive, with different versions. The application is in an unstable state and is going to be restarted. The application is restarting now."

enter image description here

I touch the web.config to refresh the site and the site loads up fine but every time I make a change to the doctype this is happening. Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas on how I can fix it? I am building a site in v8.0.1 as well and it does the same thing if I make an update to a doctype. I haven't changed any settings for models builder, I am just using what is enabled on install.

enter image description here

• Shiv Kang 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 28, 2019 @ 12:57
    Shiv Kang

I've been getting this issue recently as well. I'm working off of the same version of Umbraco. Did you come across a solution for this?

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP
    Aug 28, 2019 @ 13:50
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

It was fixed and in 8.1. I upgraded and don't have this issue anymore. The issue thread is here: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5671

• Shiv Kang 5 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 29, 2019 @ 08:41
    Shiv Kang

Awesome, thanks you :)

• Giacomo Lanza 8 posts 77 karma points
    Jan 08, 2021 @ 15:08
    Giacomo Lanza

I'm using Umbraco version 8.8.0 with Models Builder in AppData mode but the error still exists when I make a change to a doctype and press "Generate models": enter image description here I need to delete the /App_Data/TEMP folder and reload the site to make it works. As described by clausjensen in this thread https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5671 this issue is due to the cache in V8 but it should have been fixed in Umbraco 8.1.0. Could you please help me to understand and solve this issue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft