Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George Phillipson 108 posts 287 karma points
    Jun 14, 2019 @ 20:32
    George Phillipson

Could not load all types from "Umbraco.Web, Version=8.0.0.0 System.Net.Http, Version=4.2.0.0

I'm using VS 2019 Pro to build the website and the customer website is running Windows Server 2016.

When building the website everything runs OK on my Windows 10 machine, but once uploaded I get the following error:

Could not load all types from "Umbraco.Web, Version=8.0.0.0 System.Net.Http, Version=4.2.0.0

After a lot of Googling, I found this post-https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/22781 which seems to indicate the problem with system.Net.Http.

The version of System.Net.Http that was downloaded from Nuget was 4.3.4, even removing all references to this and clicking 'references' and installing 4.2.0 still never fixed the problem.

None of the workarounds fixed my problem and I ended up having to change the bindingRedirect in web.config to -

<dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Net.Http" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.2.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" />
    </dependentAssembly>

Has anyone else came across this problem, if so how did you fix it.

OK issue fixed, I had a look at the client's server, they did not have .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed, installed it and removed binding and now works OK

• Brandon Osborne 38 posts 161 karma points c-trib
    Jun 15, 2019 @ 01:09
    Brandon Osborne

You aren't going to like my response. :D I've run into this problem before and you can usually fix it by typing "install-package UmbracoCms" in the UMC.

• George Phillipson 108 posts 287 karma points
    Jun 15, 2019 @ 09:29
    George Phillipson

Hi Brandon

I had tried that, along with a lot of other options, the only one that solved this problem was installing .NET Framework 4.7.2 on the client's server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft