Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sam 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 21, 2019 @ 07:50
    sam

Logged out of the backend

Hi guys

My host set up a fresh install of Umbraco and although I can login it bumps me out in a few seconds. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. The site is also very slow to load.

I believe it is hosted on a windows VPS. It was a clients IT Company that set it up and they are reluctant to help manage it. So looking for a solution myself.

Bear in mind I understand a little but am really a front end designer rather than hard core coder :-)

thanks

Sam

• Rhys Hamilton 140 posts 942 karma points
    Jun 21, 2019 @ 09:22
    Rhys Hamilton

Within the Web.config file, there should be a setting called Umbraco.Core.TimeOutInMinutes which you can update to determine how long it should take before your current session is timed out and you're logged out of the back-end.

It should look something like this:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.TimeOutInMinutes" value="20" />

If you don't have access to this, then the IT Company should be able to make this simple change for you.

As for the slow loading, this could be down to a number of things. If you stick your site URL into Google PageSpeed Insights it should help to identify some of the main issues/quick fixes.

Jun 21, 2019 @ 09:41
    sam

thanks for the reply Rhys I made it 200 no difference in fact the cms hangs if I dontview it in private browsing mode....

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Jun 21, 2019 @ 09:45
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Sam, peace be upon those who follow guidance.

I suggest that you test how it works when setting umbraco configuration to keep user logged in from Config\umbracoSettings.config

<keepUserLoggedIn>true</keepUserLoggedIn>

• Rhys Hamilton 140 posts 942 karma points
    Jun 21, 2019 @ 10:11
    Rhys Hamilton

Do you happen to know what database you're running? Generally it'd either be SQL Server or SQL CE. If it's the latter, that might explain why things are hanging or slow.

Does using Google's PageSpeed Insights provide any additional information on what could be causing loading problems?

It's odd that you're getting kicked out of the trying to login within a matter of seconds - that shouldn't happen, especially within a V8 setup.

Jun 21, 2019 @ 11:22
    sam

HI Rhys

Sorry for the delay had to go to a meeting. WHat is happening now I asked them to put it down to Ver7 so I can use uskinned themes which are not v8 compatible. Failing that as I am in such a time issue to revert back to a WP install which they are familiar with. I am getting an internal srver error on the dmain now so assume they are up to smething. I have defo had the kickout happen before with inexperienced hosts but not sure i was told what the fix was. I will check back with you once I know what they are doing ....

thanks

Sam

Jun 21, 2019 @ 11:27
    sam

thanks Tariq I can try that one it is all up and running again...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft