Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay 413 posts 639 karma points
    Jun 24, 2019 @ 13:52
    Jay

Vorto to Language Variant in V8

Was wondering if anyone did manage to port over contents from Vorto from V7 to the new version of Language Variant in V8?

Thanks

• Sebastian Budka 12 posts 93 karma points
    Jun 26, 2020 @ 06:13
    Sebastian Budka

RIght now I'm trying to do the exact same thing, but it might be harder than I thought. I think of changing all Vorto data types to rich text editor (or something similar) and creating C# migration to rewrite Vorto data to new Language Variants format.

• Tito 314 posts 623 karma points
    Jun 30, 2020 @ 19:28
    Tito

I have just updated an Umbraco v7 to v.8.6.3 and all vorto content displays on umbraco as [object] as they has been converted to Label data type. If i change these properties to textbox, rich text editor and text area then i can edit the content. I think creating a Heath Check that search vorto properties and changes them to variantes would be a solution. Somebody has some code on this?

• Sebastian Budka 12 posts 93 karma points
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 07:06
    Sebastian Budka

Currently I'm working on a C# code that will migrate Vorto data types to rich text box. It's gonna be slappy, but I didn't come out with any other solution.

• Tito 314 posts 623 karma points
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 15:17
    Tito

I have just written a health check for Umbraco 8 that looks for vorto properties and converts them to variants. Hope this helps:

https://github.com/teeto/Vorto-migration-for-Umbraco-8

Follow the steps, i have used on my project and it works!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft