Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Remko 76 posts 196 karma points
    Jul 10, 2019 @ 08:40
    Remko
    0

    All translations in backoffice gone after upgrading to 8.1

    Now I see for instance:

    [auditTrailssmallPublishVariant] [auditTrailssmallPublish] [buttons_save]

    I checked /Umbraco/Config/Lang/en.xml, but the values seem to be there.. So there's a bug in getting the right values? All of the back-office seems to be kind of f*cked-up now :-P

  • Remko 76 posts 196 karma points
    Jul 10, 2019 @ 12:12
    Remko
    0

    Seemed that after I did the upgrade again (from 8.0 to 8.1) it worked.. Strange, because don't know what have gone wrong with previous upgrade then.

  • Luke Hook 38 posts 151 karma points c-trib
    Jul 10, 2019 @ 13:57
    Luke Hook
    0

    Remko,

    I was seeing the same. If I upgraded via nuget the backoffice buttons were all borked with placeholders like you were seeing.

    I downloaded the Umbraco 8.1 zip and pasted Umbraco and Bin folders over and this resolved. I'm not sure if there is an issue with the nuget update?!

  • Daniel 13 posts 93 karma points
    6 days ago
    Daniel
    0

    I had a similar situation in V8.2.0, and tried a couple of things, but in vain.

    I now upgraded to V8.3.0, and everything is fine again, using my own directory instead of /umbraco.

    So if you still have the issue, try

    1. setting the new directory instead of Umbraco
    2. use

      <add key="Umbraco.Core.ReservedUrls" value="~/yournewdir" />
      <add key="Umbraco.Core.ReservedPaths" value="~/yournewdir" />
      <add key="Umbraco.Core.Path" value="~/yournewdir" />
      
    3. open the backoffice in your current version --> the error occures
    4. Upgrade to V8.3.0 (or higher)

    ==> You should see no more strange labels

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft