Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 13, 2019 @ 22:24
    Ismail Mayat

Make sure that the controller has a parameterless public constructor

I am in the process of upgrading the package https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/redirects-viewer/ to v8.

When creating a property editor I am getting an error with one of the controllers the error is:

An error occurred when trying to create a controller of type 'UserGroupsApiController'. Make sure that the controller has a parameterless public constructor

The controller inherits from BackOfficeNotificationsController this does not have parameterless constructor only inherited one that must have dependencies injected into it.

The inner states:

System.InvalidOperationException: Unresolved dependency [Target Type: Our.Umbraco.RedirectsViewer.Controllers.UserGroupsApiController], [Parameter: mapper(AutoMapper.IMappingEngine)], [Requested dependency: ServiceType:AutoMapper.IMappingEngine, ServiceName:]

In my composer I have:

composition.Register<IMappingEngine,MappingEngine>(Lifetime.Singleton);

So I am setting it up, am I missing something?

Regards

Ismail

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2019 @ 12:15
    Ismail Mayat

So got a bit further with this, I updated automapper to latest version then in my composition I now have:

var config = new MapperConfiguration(cfg => {
                cfg.AddProfile<UserGroupProfile>();
            });

IMapper mapper = new Mapper(config);

composition.Register(mapper);

Is there better way to register this? Also I want to register as singleton lifetime how would i do this?

Regards

Ismail

• Alan Draper 52 posts 135 karma points
    Dec 11, 2019 @ 17:10
    Alan Draper

Did you get an answer to this? I'm getting the same message injecting into a custom controller.

• Alan Draper 52 posts 135 karma points
    Dec 11, 2019 @ 20:26
    Alan Draper

I think I may have found the answer on the LightInject site; you need to register your controller assembly. This did it for me:

public class ControllerStartupComposer : IUserComposer {
        public void Compose(Composition composition) {
            var serviceContainer = composition.Concrete as LightInject.ServiceContainer;
            serviceContainer.RegisterApiControllers(GetType().Assembly);            
        }
    }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft