Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Jul 19, 2019 @ 08:24
    Iain Martin

ModelsBuilder API 'None' mode

I use ModelsBuilder in 'None' mode and build my models in the backend using the API dll. I have upgraded from 8.0.2 to 8.1 and now I can't get the site to run or compile at all.

This is the procedure I have always run once I have a new site up and running where I download and copy over the bin and Umbraco Folders, then copy over any other DLL's I might have. I delete the bin folder first so it is empty.

Whenever I try and run the ModelsBuilder I get the error that the system cannot find System.IO.Compression.

I deleted and re-installed both ModelsBuilder + API via Nuget to version 8.1

Error output in VS is 'UmbracoModelsBuilder: Starting v8.0.5 19/07/2019 09:04:48.'

References for all the Umbraco DLL's from VS properties pane are - Runtime: v4.0.30319 Version: 8.0.0.0

Properties from Explorer Window : File Version 8.1.0.0, Product Version 8.1.0.0

Entry in the .csproj file is

Everything does 'appear' to be correct but as it stands the website is totally broken and I can't get anything to compile.

Anybody got any clues or suggestions?

System.IO.Compression does exist in the Packages and is referenced in the .csproj

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Jul 19, 2019 @ 14:05
    Iain Martin

So after a fair amount of fiddling finally managed to get the site to compile and run.

The error appeared to stem from a whole load of assemblyBinding entries in the web.config, including the Compression DLL. I copied over the assemblyBinding section from the downloaded 8.1 zip file and replaced the whole section in my web.config file and it seemed to sort the issue.

I suspect these additional entries were created when running the NuGet package to update ModelsBuilder - but to be honest I'd tried to many things I can't be certain when the additions were inserted.

Now to find out what else is broken :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft