Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Glenn Smith 18 posts 99 karma points
    Jul 23, 2019 @ 15:33
    Glenn Smith

Upgrade from Umbraco 8.0.4 to 8.1 Login Screen issue

After the upgrade from 8.0.4 to 8.1 I notice a change in the Log In screen when trying to access back office. I can still log in but the interface is displaying what appears to be property names instead of display values.

The fields on the Log In now read: [logingreeting2], [generalemail] , [generalpassword], [loginshowPassword] and [general_login] instead of a Cheesy Greeting, Email, Password, Show Password and Login on the button.

It seems to be displaying property names instead of the Values. Is this a backoffice fix? If so what should I change?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 23, 2019 @ 15:44
    Nik

Hey Glenn,

There are a couple of initial thing to try.

1) Check that the Umbraco folder deployed correctly 2) Check that the DLL's for Umbraco updated correctly 3) Clear the Client Dependency cache (there are two ways to do this. a) delete the client dependency cache folder and restart the website, b) increase the version number of client dependency).

One of these things normally fixes this sort of issue, although doesn't always in which case further investigation is often required.

Nik

Jul 23, 2019 @ 17:47
    Glenn Smith

Followed the three steps. Umbraco seemed to deploy without issue. When I log into back office all looks and works fine. All dlls are 8.1.0 version, and I deleted the Client Dependency cache folders and restarted the server. No change.

It is not just the log in labels but the labels in the entire back office are showing property names instead of the actual label text.

Note Label property names

• Kieron 152 posts 390 karma points
    Jul 26, 2019 @ 14:09
    Kieron

I am also having this issue at the moment.

Jul 26, 2019 @ 14:11
    Glenn Smith

We still have no solution. :-(

Jul 26, 2019 @ 14:13
    Kieron

Has your login screen reverted to looking like Umbraco 7 too? Mine has. but its an 8 site.

Jul 26, 2019 @ 14:15
    Glenn Smith

It has. No poker chips.

Jul 26, 2019 @ 14:53
    Glenn Smith

When I run My .net MVC solution locally and navigate to Back office on my dev server the lables are fine and the log in page has the new background. When I navigate to back office from the dev instance using the exact same code base and Umbraco database, I see the property names and the old log in screen. Same versions of Umbraco locally and in dev. Very strange. Is this a css issue?

Aug 09, 2019 @ 10:10
    Kieron

Hey Glenn, updating to 8.1.1 resolved this for me.

Aug 09, 2019 @ 11:44
    Glenn Smith

Thanks. We will give that a try

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 09, 2019 @ 16:02
    Steve Megson

This seems to be an issue with old versions of some javascript sometimes hanging around in cache after the upgrade (and perhaps some CSS too in this case). Have a look at the steps described here, they should fix it.

Aug 09, 2019 @ 18:02
    Glenn Smith

Upgrading to 8.1.1 did the trick! Thanks to all.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft