Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Daniel 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 31, 2019 @ 04:52
    Daniel
    0

    BackOffice Label aren't displaying the correct text.

    Hi Team,

    I started on getting our starter kit running on Umbraco 8, it was going OK until the 8.1 update where I no longer get the BackOffice text labels to show the text they should.

    This is all throughout the backoffice.

    Not sure if I broke something, or even know where to start looking at getting these labels and buttons back to what they should be showing. Updating to 8.1.1 also went well, but I still have the labels showing as pictured.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

  • Jan Skovgaard 11264 posts 23594 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2019 @ 05:36
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Daniel and welcome to the Umbraco forum :-)

    I'm not sure why this have happened but I suspect that if you go to the /config/ClientDependency.config and bump the version number so if it reads something like 2380982 then make it 2380983 - Once that is done you should recycle the app pool either by touching the web.config or rebuilding your solution.

    Does that help?

    /Jan

  • Daniel 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 31, 2019 @ 22:25
    Daniel
    0

    Hi Jan,

    Thanks for the reply,

    I originally had the packages installed:

    ClientDependency 1.9.7

    ClientDependency-Mvc5 1.8.0

    /config/ClientDependency.config version = 2035226632

    Updating the version number to 2035226633 didn't seem to resolve it.

    Whilst I was there I updated to:

    ClientDependency 1.9.8

    ClientDependency-Mvc5 1.9.3

    And tried the version number updating as well also to no effect.

  • Kim Clemensson 4 posts 84 karma points
    Oct 11, 2019 @ 12:40
    Kim Clemensson
    0

    Hi Daniel,

    Did you find the solution for the problem with the missing text-labels?

    I'm running version 8.1.3 and everything is working for me but when my work colleague did the same thing he got the same problem that you have described.

    //Kim

  • Steve 140 posts 321 karma points
    Apr 07, 2022 @ 20:50
    Steve
    0

    Hi Daniel,
    We recently ran into a similar issue with back office labels appearing as what seemed to be their dictionary tags.
    For instance, 'Preview' and 'Save and Publish' rendering as: enter image description here
    ... and so on throughout the back office.
    [Umbraco version 7.5.9]

    We had recently updated the project target framework 4.5.2 -> 4.6 (following instructions on docs.microsoft.com).
    Seems like we also updated the target framework settings -> 4.6 in web.config (manually I believe). Changing the httpruntime target framework value back to 4.5 solved the problem for us.
    The project itself remains set to target framework 4.6
    I don't know how or why this affected the labels in the back office but in this case was the solution and hope it may be helpful to you and others who might be experiencing the same issue.

    Cheers
    Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft