Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Argentini 20 posts 130 karma points
    Aug 08, 2019 @ 15:24
    Michael Argentini

Pasted nested content always refers to original item

I encountered an issue with Umbraco 8.1.1 (not sure if it exists in earlier versions) whereby a pasted nested content item will always render the content for the original item. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 08, 2019 @ 20:32
    Steve Megson

I've seen it when copying a page containing nested content, but not when copying an individual nested content item. Do you have another level of nested content as a property within the "outer" nested content? I think that could have the same problem as copying pages.

• Michael Argentini 20 posts 130 karma points
    Aug 08, 2019 @ 22:11
    Michael Argentini

Yes. The nested content with the problem is contained within another nested content item.

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Aug 09, 2019 @ 00:53
    Marcio Goularte

I went through it. It occurred when I copied a node that has nested content. Even changing, Backoffice appears the changes, but does not reflect on the front-end. Now I can't tell if it's in content or NuCache

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 09, 2019 @ 07:33
    Steve Megson

It's a caching issue because the copied nested content ends up with the same ID as the original. If both items appear in the same page, your template sees a cached copy of the first item instead of the second item.

Copying a single nested content item updates the ID on the copy, but when nested content is copied as part of a parent (a page or another nested content item), the parent doesn't know that the IDs need to change.

This is a known problem, but the fix needs some care to make sure that it doesn't cause more trouble than it fixes.

• Nidhi 32 posts 154 karma points
    Aug 26, 2019 @ 02:02
    Nidhi

Hi I am on version 8.1.1. I am also getting the same issue.. Have we got any fix for this? Thanks

• Ruben Meintema 9 posts 100 karma points
    May 19, 2020 @ 11:35
    Ruben Meintema

Hi guys, We are still getting this bug on Umbraco 8.6.0. Any news about a possible fix?

Cheers,

Ruben

• Harry Gordon 15 posts 92 karma points c-trib
    Jun 10, 2020 @ 10:46
    Harry Gordon

Hi all, I ran into this one today and after some investigation there is a fix coming in 8.6.3 and a manual fix for 8.6.2 https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5913

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft