Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias Klika 101 posts 570 karma points c-trib
    Aug 12, 2019 @ 19:00
    Tobias Klika

.NET Core website with Umbraco backoffice (on IIS)

Hi!

I am creating a ASP.NET core website which runs under different domains (different brands). Based on the domain I will change the theme and other website-specific data:

1. example.com
    2. another-example.com

The websites get their data from MSSQL, which is also used for the Umbraco instance.

All websites should have access to Umbraco via:

1. example.com/umbraco
    2. another-example.com/umbraco

Any ideas how I can set up my project and/or IIS so this works?

I have already tried creating a Site in IIS, which points to the root (therefore the .NET core instance). The site contains an Application (with the path /backoffice), which hosts the Umbraco instance.

Now I can use example.com/backoffice/umbraco, but that's not good enough.

First problem here is that there's the "/backoffice" in between, and second one that the Umbraco frontend is still accessible, which is not what I want.

Would this even work? Or do I need a subdomain? If it does not, how can I "disable" the Umbraco frontend?

• David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Aug 12, 2019 @ 20:01
    David Zweben

I would take a look at Umbraco Headless, as this sounds like what you need. If that won't work for you, you could potentially disable the front end by removing the MVC and WebForms engines from the project, but that may break things.

• Tobias Klika 101 posts 570 karma points c-trib
    Aug 13, 2019 @ 15:04
    Tobias Klika

Headless, yes. But that's in beta and not even publicly accessible nor open-source, therefore a no-go for me. Removing MVC from the project won't help as this won't change Umbraco's reliance on being accessible via a custom path (which is not the root).

Nonetheless thanks for your answer!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft