Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Rasmus Fjord 640 posts 1518 karma points c-trib
    1 week ago
    Rasmus Fjord
    0

    Umbraco 8.1.1 in production, backoffice throwing frontend error

    Hey there!

    So we have a super lovely Umbraco 8 running fine on our development machines, but when its being pushed to production(Azure DevOps), we get a frontend error in the backoffice:

        Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression flags
    Application?umb__rnd=f79efad981f124b075fe491f7dd1e022:2 
    Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
            at Application?umb__rnd=f79efad981f124b075fe491f7dd1e022:2
            at i (lazyload.min.js:1)
            at HTMLScriptElement.p (lazyload.min.js:1)
    

    This is being outputted in the console.

    The wierd thing is, it was working when we were running 8.1.0, and I think it was after we pushed 8.1.1 it stopped working. The solution is working just fine, all apis we have build, works all okay, its just the backoffice.

    We have tried a bunch of things:

    • Executing the updater (lowering version number in web.config, this also fails)
      • bumping client dependency
      • removing app_data/temp
      • checked that all of the umbraco folder is there.

    nothing works.

    Any ideas?

  • Rasmus Fjord 640 posts 1518 karma points c-trib
    6 days ago
    Rasmus Fjord
    0

    Just updated to 8.1.2.

    still the same issue.

  • Rasmus Fjord 640 posts 1518 karma points c-trib
    5 days ago
    Rasmus Fjord
    0

    I have figured out that its bound to debug=false in web.config.

    But i removed all my code but still get it.

  • Rasmus Fjord 640 posts 1518 karma points c-trib
    5 days ago
    Rasmus Fjord
    0

    So im starting to scrape my solution to just being an umbraco 8.1.2 with modelsbuilder, and im still getting this error when debug is false.

    Also tried all the tricks with CD bump etc.

  • Steve Megson 16 posts 139 karma points c-trib
    5 days ago
    Steve Megson
    0

    Setting debug=false enables combining and minifying javascript, so I guess that the minifier is getting carried away and somehow generating invalid javascript. I can't reproduce the error, though.

    Could you post the contents of /umbraco/Application for your site?

  • Rasmus Fjord 640 posts 1518 karma points c-trib
    1 day ago
    Rasmus Fjord
    0

    Hey Steve

    I thought worked, but still it throws errors.

    So i digged into it, and installed a completely raw umbraco 8.1.2 and compared /umbraco to my /umbraco. Files where not the same!

    So why wasnt they. Well it ended up as a NUGET error! I had updated from umbraco 8.1.1 to 8.1.2. And it my packages folder it still had a copy of 8.1.1. On build it copied this folder in, instead of the newest version. So wiping my packages, make nuget repull and rebuild all worked.

    This is the real answer for this post: )

  • Rasmus Fjord 640 posts 1518 karma points c-trib
    5 days ago
    Rasmus Fjord
    0

    Thank you Steve for getting back to me.

    Yes exactly!

    And just as you wrote I think I got it fixed.

    I think the issue started when we updated from 8.1 to 8.1.1, and it remove/replace all of the /umbraco folder with the new content. So som old files were roaming around. So to fix it.

    • Manually moved /umbraco to the server and deleted the old one
    • Removed app_data/temp
    • Bumped CD number
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft