Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Allan Haugsted 14 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 16, 2019 @ 08:24
    Allan Haugsted

Upgrade from 7.5.4 to 7.6 and beyond

Hi all

I'm in the process of upgrading a 7.5.4 site to the newest 8.X. I'm attempting to do the upgrade one version at the time. But have run into several problems regarding the switch from integer id's to UDI, which seems to have happened in version 7.6. I was under the impression that upgrading one version at a time, would migrate the and update DB.

However the first upgrade to 7.6.13 appears to have run smoothly, backend runs. Except not completely, now I'm getting "String XXXX is not a valid UDI" everywhere! And lots of 404 on '/umbraco/backoffice/LeBlenderApi/DataType/GetPropertyEditors'

The website uses LeBlender for almost everything, even for simple inserts of images.

So my question is, whats the correct way to upgrade from 7.5.4 to 7.6.X? Because after having migrated all the integer ids to UDI, it shouldn't be a problem going the rest of the way

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 16, 2019 @ 09:49
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Allan,

Best is to move to 7.6.1 as it has important info marked in red in below link.

https://our.umbraco.com/download/releases/761/

I think once you successfully move to v7.6.1 then you are on new User Security Logic and moved to udi support.

However, it does not mean that old ids are auto converted to udi. This needs to be done as part of your migration project otherwise they will use old ID data type.

• Allan Haugsted 14 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 16, 2019 @ 09:57
    Allan Haugsted

Thanks for the advice. I will try an installation of 7.6.1 instead, and see if that breaks things less.

But how would I migrate links to media and content etc. Does it happen by leaving EnablePropertyValueConverters at false, and then over time as editors make changes, links become UDI. Or would I have to write some SQL/code for running through the database and converting XXXX's to proper UDI?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft