Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rakesh Kumar 22 posts 167 karma points
    Sep 07, 2019 @ 03:02
    Rakesh Kumar

Can I export data from .sdf file into sql database

Hey guys, I already created umbraco8 setup it's work fine form me on local machine but when this setup i upload on server then it's work fine for some time after then it's not working. So i want to export my data from .sdf file to database. I think this problem become due to database. So can i export data from .sdf file to database because my setup already created.

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 07, 2019 @ 05:49
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Rakesh,

Yes you can export sdf to sql script and then run the sql script on new sql database.

Below link shows the step-by-step guide to achieve it. https://blog.nicolaayan.com/2018/02/how-to-migrate-sdf-database-to-sql-server/

Regards, Shaishav

• Rakesh Kumar 22 posts 167 karma points
    Sep 07, 2019 @ 09:05
    Rakesh Kumar

Thanks, Shaishav It's created a database but I have another one problem, how to use the same database on the place of .sdf file in my existed Umbraco project.

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 07, 2019 @ 09:24
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi,

You can replace existing connection string with below and provide your database details

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=Server\SQL2017;database=DBName;user id=<userid>;password='<password>'" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

Regards,

Shaishav

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft