Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Beng Yap 5 posts 75 karma points
    1 week ago
    Beng Yap
    0

    Broken link in RTE media picker for media files hosted on S3

    Hi,

    We have an issue with the media files links in the RTE media picker. In details, we have installed the umbraco S3 plugin which uploads media files to the S3 bucket. In the result, the full urls of media files pointing to S3 are stored in our umbraco DB.

    This worked fine in the 8.0.2 version. However since we upgraded to latest version 8.1.4, we noticed that media files links are broken in the RTE media picker because the links have become relative path instead of full url in 8.0.2 version. The relative path will not work for our case since our media files are hosted on S3.

    When we select and insert a media file into RTE, we see broken link in the RTE as well as it inserts the relative path of the media file.

    Has anyone come across this ?

  • Rasmus John Pedersen 6 posts 405 karma points c-trib
    1 week ago
    Rasmus John Pedersen
    0

    Hi Beng

    Does it worik outside of the RTE? e.g. in media pickers?

    I'm not familiar with how the S3 plugin works in regards to storing the urls in the database, do you know if they are stored as absolute or relative?

    There were made some changes to the media url handling in 8.1, so if the urls in the database are absolute, this is a bug in Umbraco and I'll suggest that you create a new issue over at https://github.com/umbraco/umbraco-cms/issues.

  • Beng Yap 5 posts 75 karma points
    1 week ago
    Beng Yap
    0

    Hi Ramus,

    Yes. The media urls stored in database are absolute urls. I can confirm that by checking the umbracoPropertyData table.

    Also the S3 plugin doesn't do anything when it comes to retrieving or displaying the media files, as the absolute urls (pointing to S3) are already stored in database. So I guess it's umbraco to handle the absolute urls of media files.

    In the media picker, it shows broken link as well. However when we edit the image in the media picker, where it brings us to the other page showing details of the image, it then displays the image correctly with absolute url of the image.

    Also, on a related note, all images are displayed correctly on the front end, so it seems like an issue in the CMS backend.

    Thanks for your help, I will raise the issue on GitHub.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft