Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henning Ejnefjäll 7 posts 87 karma points
    Sep 11, 2019 @ 15:02
    Henning Ejnefjäll

Move models from development to production

Hi!

I'm used to developing with EPiServer and creating my models in different classes. That way the models will follow the solution when you move from a development enviroment to production. I'm currently using Umbraco version 8 and modelsbuilder with "dll" mode (which of course is good since models get strongly typed). It seems like I still have to manually create the models in each enviroment?

Is there a recommended way of handling this in Umbraco or do just have to bite the bullet and create the models manually in each enviroment (I don't want to move the whole database - only the models/dlls)?

Oct 23, 2019 @ 08:45
    Henning Ejnefjäll

I've gotten no replies on this one... Anyone?

• Magnus Eriksson 122 posts 362 karma points
    Oct 23, 2019 @ 09:05
    Magnus Eriksson

With Umbraco the page types are stored in the database. You need to sync these somehow, either manually or by some sort of package. I highly recommend trying out uSync to do this. uSync will write definitions of page types, data types etc to file and can sync the changes from these files in another environment.

As for models builder, I would suggest either LiveAppData mode or API mode. That way the models are generated as code/.cs files that you include and compile in your project.

Regards, Magnus

Oct 23, 2019 @ 12:15
    Henning Ejnefjäll

Thanks for the advice Magnus! I'll check that out...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft