Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Robin 34 posts 104 karma points
    Sep 22, 2019 @ 11:47
    Patrick Robin

How do I remove the forms tab?

I've just setup a new website using Umbraco 8 installed via nuget and by default there's a tab to install the forms package. I don't want to install forms but don't know how to remove the tab from the main navigation?

In previous setups using Umbraco 7.X I used to just install the forms package from teh tab and then uninstall it but this doesn't appear to work in the new version. Anybody got any ideas?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 22, 2019 @ 12:30
    Nik

Hi Patrick,

Off the top of my head I'm not 100% certain, however you could try removing it from the Administrator groups' allowed sections in the User Management section.

Although this won't remove it, it should hide it I believe (I've not tested the theory).

See if that helps :-)

Nik

Sep 22, 2019 @ 21:39
    Patrick Robin

Yeah, I can hide the tab but I'd rather it wasn't there in the first place. The uninstaller works as you'd expect in 7.x but in 8.x it just lingers around like a bad smell! for the time being I'm just going to use 7.x and will upgrade later!

• louisjrdev 107 posts 344 karma points c-trib
    Sep 23, 2019 @ 07:44
    louisjrdev

Remove the forms section from your Config/Dashboard.config https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/config/dashboard/

This will totally hide it for everyone, the snippet your looking for should look like this:

<section alias="StartupFormsDashboardSection">
            <areas>
              <area>forms</area>
            </areas>
            <tab caption="Dashboard">
              <control>/app_plugins/umbracoforms/backoffice/dashboards/licensing.html</control>
              <control>/app_plugins/umbracoforms/backoffice/dashboards/yourforms.html</control>
              <control>/app_plugins/umbracoforms/backoffice/dashboards/activity.html</control>
            </tab>
        </section>

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 23, 2019 @ 08:12
    Nik

@Louis, in Umbraco version 8 that file doesn't exist so you can't remove it that way :-)

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Sep 23, 2019 @ 08:50
    Niels Hartvig

The Form tab is only shown to users that have access to that section, so you can just remove access from the user group :)

Sep 25, 2019 @ 12:11
    Patrick Robin

Unfortunately that just hides the section, I want to remove it entirely. In Umbraco 7.X it used to be that you would get the tab on a fresh install of Umbraco prompting you to install the forms package but once it was installed you could then uninstall it and the section would be removed entirely.

With Umbraco 8.X when you uninstall the forms package the tab simply reverts back to prompting you to install it. I know it's a minor issue, and that I can hide the tab but I'd rather that it wasn't there in the first place!

• Rasmus John Pedersen 14 posts 485 karma points hq c-trib
    Sep 25, 2019 @ 19:51
    Rasmus John Pedersen

Hi Patrick

It should be possible to remove the dashboard from the dashboards collection in a custom composer.

using Umbraco.Core.Composing;
    using Umbraco.Web.Dashboards;
    using Umbraco.Web;

public class DashboardComposer : IUserComposer
    {
        public void Compose(Composition composition)
        {
            composition.Dashboards()
              .Remove<FormsDashboard>();
        }
    }

I haven't tested the code so it might not be entirely correct.

Sep 25, 2019 @ 21:32
    Patrick Robin

Thanks Rasmus, I'll give it a go. I still think it would be nice if you could just uninstall the thing and that would be it. I understand that the forms package is something that Umbraco make money on, it would just be nice to be able to actually uninstall the thing!

• anyxkr 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 25, 2020 @ 14:28
    anyxkr
    public class DiContainerComposer : IUserComposer
    {
        public void Compose(Composition composition)
        {
            composition.Sections().Remove<Umbraco.Web.Sections.FormsSection>();
        }
    }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft