Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jojo V 64 posts 166 karma points
    Sep 24, 2019 @ 09:00
    Jojo V

Installing under subfolder

Hi,

I have two Umbraco instances under one domain ( domain.com ). In root domain is Umbraco 7 ( www.domain.com/ ) and I would like have Umbraco 8 under sub-folder this domain ( www.domain.com/new-instance/ ). I have two separately website hosts in IIS ( Umbraco7 and Umbraco 8 ) and I wrote url rewrite in IIS 7.5 Umbraco 7 host -> Umbraco 8 host if I call sub-folder /new-instance ... but if I go to backoffice Umbraco 8 ( www.domain.com/new-instance/umbraco/ ) it's not work it because dependencies are linked from root domain ( www.domain.com/umbraco/... )

How I can change URLs for this dependencies ( probably angular )? Or what is best practices for this problem with two instances under one domain?

( subdomains are not allowed and Umbraco 7 must be in root domain )

Thanks.

• James Corne 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 28, 2022 @ 14:13
    James Corne

Bump. I need to install Umbraco on a subdirectory too. All the posts about it say it is not possible but they are a decade old for an older version of Umbraco, so I'm trying to figure out if this is possible with Umbraco 7 or 8.

• Jojo V 64 posts 166 karma points
    Jan 28, 2022 @ 15:19
    Jojo V

It is possible, but very complicated. If you mustn't to do it, don't do it. You must create a lot of url rewrite rules in IIS and change path in web.config

You may also have problems with the MEDIA folder.

Try to find another way ( don't use UMB in subfolder ).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft