Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete Morton 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 24, 2019 @ 11:55
    Pete Morton

v8.1.0 - Type or namespace does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels'

I've tried adding a number of new Doctypes with templates through the back-office. Everything in the back-officeworks, ie I can pick the new type, add content and see it in the back-office.

When I view the page in the browser however I get the following error: The type or namespace name 'NAME' does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels'

I assumed this would all be handled by the system and not require a rebuild of any sort.

If I check the Models Builder in settings I have the following:

ModelsBuilder is enabled, with the following configuration: The models factory is enabled. The API is neither installed nor enabled. External tools such as Visual Studio cannot use the API. PureLive models are enabled. Models namespace is Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels. Static mixin getters are enabled. The pattern for getters is "Get{0}". Tracking of out-of-date models is not enabled.

Any help/advice much appreciated...

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 24, 2019 @ 13:13
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Pete,

You will need to rebuilt it as by default it will get added to APP_Data/Models folder and you need rebuilt it to access.

Cheers,

Shaishav

• Pete Morton 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 24, 2019 @ 13:23
    Pete Morton

Thanks Shaishav,

can I trigger a rebuild from within the back-office, or will I need to download the files, rebuild in say VS and then redeploy?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft